Komen CA Response Fund
The Komen California Response Fund is a Susan G. Komen® statewide Affiliate collaboration to raise funds to support local breast cancer patients and survivors during the economic downturn caused by COVID-19. Funds will also enable Komen Affiliates across California to support their respective Breast Health Communities by helping those they serve to overcome existing and new, crisis-related barriers to access support services and care.
The impact of COVID-19, including mandatory stay at home orders, rising unemployment, and an already overburdened healthcare system, are causing the perfect storm for breast cancer and metastatic patients who need immediate care or must defer treatment.
You can help Komen California Affiliates answer the needs in your local breast cancer community.
Donations of up to $300 are tax-deductable under the new CARES Act for individual charitable giving.
Your gift today to the Komen California Response Fund will answer urgent needs, ensuring those facing breast caner diagnosis can access vital services, including:
- Patient Navigation will enhance the patient experience and reduce systemic, programmatic and social barriers to breast care and services, resulting in improved outcomes for women in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
- Financial Assistance supports the cost of living expenses for those in active treatment
- Virtual Educational facilitated by experts is providing critical, timely information related to breast health and COVID19, and addressing questions and concerns on how to cope with stress and anxiety.
- Coffee Chats – Virtual Safe Community Space for survivors, those living with metastatic breast cancer and caregivers to share their stories, build connections and support during this time.
- Mammography and Screenings for the coming surge of routine mammograms and screenings that are postponed and cancelled due to COVID-19 for uninsured or underinsured women in need.
- Advocacy for Transformative Health Policies and improved access to affordable, high-quality breast health and cancer care services.
- Lifesaving Research and Clinical Trials to discover new treatments.
- Operational Support in partnership with local breast health organizations to help meet higher demands they are seeing during COVID-19 pandemic.
The Komen California Response Fund will help patients, survivors, caregivers, and families who urgently need support now more than ever.
Individuals and companies interested in contributing to the unique needs of breast cancer patients during this health crisis are invited to visit komenie.org to learn more please call Komen Inland Empire at 951-676-7465 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.